UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 07:00:56 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Due to spammers, registration via this forum is on hold. Sorry for the inconvenience. 
We are however happy to manually add you, so please email us at forums@ufwda.org
Admin Team
14,045 Posts in 3,251 Topics by 972 Members
Latest Member: Hiltz
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  UFWDA WHEEL-IN  |  Wheel-In 2010 Snowshoe Mountain  |  Topic: SnowShoe to close to all OHV s by 2011 « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: SnowShoe to close to all OHV s by 2011  (Read 6129 times)
Robert Temple
ghost

« on: August 11, 2010, 07:19:51 pm »

From JJUSA
 "After a discussion this morning with Snowshoe Mountain Vice President, Ron Cadrette, we were informed that all Off-Highway Vehicle (OHV) trails will be closed on Snowshoe Mountain starting in 2011. The trails will remained closed for the next few years. JJUSA is looking for a new Jamboree location in West Virginia."

Palmetto Jeep Club
LowCountry Jeep Club
Doug Saul
ghost

« Reply #1 on: August 11, 2010, 07:41:43 pm »

Bummer ... hope they find another nice place.   Sad
Todd Ockert
ghost

« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2010, 08:54:01 pm »

Any specific reason?

Wonder if someone from UFWDA can persuade them to allow UFWDA back for more Wheel-in's.

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
Member of Cal4Wheel, Hanford Trail Busters, Rubicon 4WDA
www.accessarmy.com
Robert Temple
ghost

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2010, 05:57:59 am »

Any specific reason?

Wonder if someone from UFWDA can persuade them to allow UFWDA back for more Wheel-in's.

Todd

I haven't a clue WHY it happened, but it sounds like Wheelins ain't going to happen there for some time either.

Palmetto Jeep Club
LowCountry Jeep Club
Patrick Sheppard
UFWDA Vice President
ghost

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2010, 06:51:25 am »

I think if anyone can keep the relationship alive it will be Marti.
Pat
Darryl Allen
ghost

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2010, 08:14:26 pm »

Marti is keeping up her so good work or so she said when I asked her about this topic

Darryl Allen
Hard Rock Crawlers
Southern Md
BEN WOOD
ghost

« Reply #6 on: August 21, 2010, 04:10:50 pm »

Wonder if it has anything to do with the LOGGING we stumbled apon, the lumber jack said they were going to be their into the LATE FALL.....

1990 Red YJ on Trxus
Tidewater Fourwheelers
Ericsgreen98Tj
ghost

« Reply #7 on: December 06, 2010, 08:15:50 pm »

I live in Elkins WV and was just going to ask you guys if you had any dates for the Snowshoe Mtn. trip for 2011 as i have to pick my vacation dates by this Friday.  That stinks that it's not goin to happen...there are alot of Nature/Peace Out type people that hike and bike up there and I bet that a few of em complained to the ADMINISTRATORS and got the event shut down and the Mtn. closed to OHV use...PLEASE dont take my comment the wrong way as i LOVE the outdoors too! but i would rather be able to use/see it and have the ability to drive while im doin it...Please keep tryin to talk em into it PLEASE!
Peter Vahry
UFWDA International Vice-President
ghost

« Reply #8 on: December 08, 2010, 02:12:51 am »

During a UFWDA BoD conference call in November it was agreed that the concept of UFWDA 'Wheel-ins' was to be put on hold indefinitely.
The financial returns have been unspectacular and the dedication needed to co-ordinate the weekends became hard to justify. Marti Pugh as the organizer, asked the meeting if continuing and having to identify a new venue, was worth the effort.

Fun while they lasted I understand and maybe someone with connections to suitable land might wish to put forward a business case for UFWDA consideration

Auckland Four Wheel Drive Club Inc, 4x4 Challenges NZ Inc, NZFWDA life member
Tom
ghost

« Reply #9 on: December 23, 2010, 11:03:41 pm »

Well, I guess it was fun while it lasted.. what a shame.
bsutton
ghost

« Reply #10 on: December 24, 2010, 02:52:20 pm »

what a shame!..i attended the 2nd Wheel In at OakRidge and had a blast!

BRING THEM BACK!!!!!
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  UFWDA WHEEL-IN  |  Wheel-In 2010 Snowshoe Mountain  |  Topic: SnowShoe to close to all OHV s by 2011 « previous next »
Jump to: