UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 31, 2014, 04:26:47 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Download the membership application and join UFWDA. Your membership will help fund UFWDA activities towards keeping trails open.
Read more...
14,013 Posts in 3,224 Topics by 971 Members
Latest Member: onejsmith
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  General UFWDA Topics  |  Topic: Social Networking Site for Off Road Enthusiasts! « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Social Networking Site for Off Road Enthusiasts!  (Read 1945 times)
gr8archer
ghost

President of What Lies Beyond Jeep Club

« on: November 17, 2010, 06:08:37 am »

So, late one night I decided to start developing a website. The idea is a facebook/myspace style site, but geared towards the off-road community. Well I turned it loose into the public a couple days ago.

Now, this site had no forum feature, and is not ment to steal traffic from anyone, I have linked to GLFWDA and UFWDA on the site, both organizations I feel strongly about, and hope that, if the site becomes a success, draws traffic to either site.

If anyone is interested in checking it out, the site is http://www.offroad-spot.com

Keep in mind I am not spamming this site with my junk, this is just something I created, as a free service to the community, with the hopes of bringing the rock guys, mud guys and trail guys together, can't we all just get along?

I spoke with Peter before posting this, and he said go for it, but if anyone has any issues with me posting this, please speak up and I will gladly remove it, or a mod can.

Thank You and hope to see you on the trail!
Cody (Gr8archer)

What Lies Beyond Jeep Club of Michigan
Todd Ockert
ghost

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 08:38:15 am »

It looks like it could be a nice site.
What about some land use and access info?
It is too new at the moment for me I think.
I have enough forums and social networking sites that I monitor to keep me overloaded at the moment.

I had a hard time reading the registration headings, with the light gray on the darker gray.

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
Member of Cal4Wheel, Hanford Trail Busters, Rubicon 4WDA
www.accessarmy.com
gr8archer
ghost

President of What Lies Beyond Jeep Club

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 12:01:34 pm »

Thanks for the input Todd.  I will see if I can play around with the style sheet for the reg page.  Also, I love the idea of land use info, but ultimatly I do not want to take traffic away from UFWDA and GLFWDA, and other orgs, which reminds me, if you have a UFWDA regional org and you want me to link to it in the info section of the spot, let me know, I added GLFWDA because I am a member, but if with wish to have yours there, let me know!

The site is up to 55 users, so I thank everyone for joining, and I thank you all for the input you supplied!

What Lies Beyond Jeep Club of Michigan
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  General UFWDA Topics  |  Topic: Social Networking Site for Off Road Enthusiasts! « previous next »
Jump to: