UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 28, 2014, 03:26:03 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Due to spammers, registration via this forum is on hold. Sorry for the inconvenience. 
We are however happy to manually add you, so please email us at forums@ufwda.org
Admin Team
14,064 Posts in 3,267 Topics by 973 Members
Latest Member: lizwirgau
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  General UFWDA Topics  |  Topic: Social Networking Site for Off Road Enthusiasts! « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Social Networking Site for Off Road Enthusiasts!  (Read 2125 times)
gr8archer
ghost

President of What Lies Beyond Jeep Club

« on: November 17, 2010, 06:08:37 am »

So, late one night I decided to start developing a website. The idea is a facebook/myspace style site, but geared towards the off-road community. Well I turned it loose into the public a couple days ago.

Now, this site had no forum feature, and is not ment to steal traffic from anyone, I have linked to GLFWDA and UFWDA on the site, both organizations I feel strongly about, and hope that, if the site becomes a success, draws traffic to either site.

If anyone is interested in checking it out, the site is http://www.offroad-spot.com

Keep in mind I am not spamming this site with my junk, this is just something I created, as a free service to the community, with the hopes of bringing the rock guys, mud guys and trail guys together, can't we all just get along?

I spoke with Peter before posting this, and he said go for it, but if anyone has any issues with me posting this, please speak up and I will gladly remove it, or a mod can.

Thank You and hope to see you on the trail!
Cody (Gr8archer)

What Lies Beyond Jeep Club of Michigan
Todd Ockert
ghost

« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2010, 08:38:15 am »

It looks like it could be a nice site.
What about some land use and access info?
It is too new at the moment for me I think.
I have enough forums and social networking sites that I monitor to keep me overloaded at the moment.

I had a hard time reading the registration headings, with the light gray on the darker gray.

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
Member of Cal4Wheel, Hanford Trail Busters, Rubicon 4WDA
www.accessarmy.com
gr8archer
ghost

President of What Lies Beyond Jeep Club

« Reply #2 on: November 22, 2010, 12:01:34 pm »

Thanks for the input Todd.  I will see if I can play around with the style sheet for the reg page.  Also, I love the idea of land use info, but ultimatly I do not want to take traffic away from UFWDA and GLFWDA, and other orgs, which reminds me, if you have a UFWDA regional org and you want me to link to it in the info section of the spot, let me know, I added GLFWDA because I am a member, but if with wish to have yours there, let me know!

The site is up to 55 users, so I thank everyone for joining, and I thank you all for the input you supplied!

What Lies Beyond Jeep Club of Michigan
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  General UFWDA Topics  |  Topic: Social Networking Site for Off Road Enthusiasts! « previous next »
Jump to: