UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 21, 2014, 07:00:50 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
ATTENTION: Delegates, Lifetime and Ambassador Members if you can not see or access "Delegate Level Private Forums (including Lifetime Members)" please send an e-mail to forums@ufwda.org requesting access.
14,045 Posts in 3,251 Topics by 972 Members
Latest Member: Hiltz
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  General UFWDA Topics  |  Topic: Paragon Adventure Park « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Paragon Adventure Park  (Read 1378 times)
kf6zpl
« on: January 26, 2007, 08:07:24 pm »

Paragon Adventure Park is facing some lease/contractual issues.

PAP, managed by Kyle and Steph, are valued business members of UFWDA.

And, PAP is an important recreation destination for many UFWDA members.

A petition has been started to show support for PAP.  Please take a few minutes to sign it and let Kyle and Steph know that you appreciate what they mean to recreation.

http://www.petitionspot.com/petitions/savePAP
Todd Ockert
ghost

« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2007, 09:37:34 am »

I signed it.  Hope that many more do.

I am going to cross post this on a couple of other boards if that is all right John.

Thanks

Todd
Navy-Jeepster

UFWDA Member #14102
Member of Cal4Wheel, Hanford Trail Busters, Rubicon 4WDA
www.accessarmy.com
George O. Thomas Jr.
Indiana Four Wheel Drive Association
ghost

« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2007, 10:02:47 am »

There seams to be a trend moving across America. That if they don't like trails they buy up property to prevent access. I think we are starting to see that happen a lot, Minnesota, Kentucky, Tennessee, Carolina's,
West Virginia. I'm sure if it is happening there is is in lots of other places to.
Then the next biggest problem is connected to poliitions and Judges. Looks like Kyle and Steph got caught in the middle of both. Faced with predetermined results beyond their control. They are fighting as hard as they can, but something like that should not have been allowed to have happened in the first place.

They say they damaged the property in their day to day use, In a couple of years you won't even know it was ever there. I feel they have been robbed.
steve pagani
ghost

« Reply #3 on: February 11, 2007, 06:55:32 pm »

yeah, they'll fix all the "damage" with the dozers that will flattening the terrain for the runways!
Jay Dolinski
Great Lakes 4 Wheel Drive Association
ghost

SoFO Michigan

« Reply #4 on: March 26, 2007, 10:20:51 am »

I signed it, never knew of a petition.   

SoFO Michigan
GLFWDA
UFWDA
kf6zpl
« Reply #5 on: March 26, 2007, 11:44:04 am »

Over the past couple of years, I have been reviewing the concept of "demographic shift".

There are several research studies that underscore the issues involving Paragon Adventure Park.

I will have an article covering some of the core issues in the next edition of the UFWDA Voice.  A preview of it is available in the February UFWDA e-News.  I also highlight the issue in my "Getting Involved" seminar that is part of United Landuse Conference.

Basically, there is a shift in population from urban to rural areas.  There is also an increase in population is many urban areas.  As a result, many "rural lands" are being developed to accomdate the economic needs of the increasing population.

Accompanying the population shift is a shift in political power.  The past two election cycles have underscored the importance of certain counties and how there population can have a significant political impact.

So, people are moving back to rural areas.  The same areas they abandoned over the past few decades seeking opportunity in the urban setting.  However, people moving back to rural areas are not dependant on eraning a living in the rural areas.  They are seeking the amenities; access to national forests.

Accompanying this shift is a trend to build infrastructure to accomdate the growing region.  Hence, projects such as the regional mega-airport are being built.  In this case, recreation lost.

I have seen presentations on the new airport proposal for Las Vegas, NV.  The site is located about 30 miles fro mthe current airport which near downtown Las Vegas. 

So, there is a "trend" moving across the nation.  That trend is change and ensuring recreation is part of the equation is a big challenge.

Michael Forte
ghost

« Reply #6 on: April 07, 2007, 04:11:37 pm »

I'm pretty new here but the takeing of land because it is being used for 4X4s is a foreign concept to me. This needs a wider public knowledge base. There should be a way to get this legally into the public eye.
Carla can we do something to get our 15 minutes of spotlight time on say CNN or Larry King?

90XJ 4.0 3.5RE SYE 242 on 31s Homemade bumpers & 12000# Winch
Carla Boucher
UFWDA Executive Director & Legal Counsel
ghost

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2007, 10:48:51 am »

We have a difficult time getting our issues before the media such as CNN or Larry King because of the conservative nature of our views.  We do routinely send press releases to the major media, including TV and newspapers, in the hopes of getting our issues before the general public.

Carla

Carla Boucher, Attorney
United Four Wheel Drive Associations
P.O. Box 15696
Chesapeake, VA  23328
(757) 546-7969
Doug Wine
ghost

« Reply #8 on: July 06, 2007, 08:15:21 am »

We have a difficult time getting our issues before the media such as CNN or Larry King because of the conservative nature of our views.  We do routinely send press releases to the major media, including TV and newspapers, in the hopes of getting our issues before the general public.

Carla

NPR (National Public Radio) will cover any issue and has a broad listener base.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  General UFWDA Topics  |  Topic: Paragon Adventure Park « previous next »
Jump to: