UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 24, 2014, 06:09:47 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Download the membership application and join UFWDA. Your membership will help fund UFWDA activities towards keeping trails open.
Read more...
13,953 Posts in 3,174 Topics by 970 Members
Latest Member: Mactron
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  UFWDA WHEEL-IN  |  Topic: Virginia Wheel-in 2011 ?? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Virginia Wheel-in 2011 ??  (Read 6466 times)
SIGZ

« on: January 13, 2011, 05:00:57 am »

Do you know if there i going to be a Wheel-in in Virginia in 2011. I did see there i a Relay4Life in April which I will be signing up for. But not sure if there will be a Wheel-in.  Just wondering.
« Last Edit: January 13, 2011, 05:02:38 am by SIGZ » Logged

Sigz
Tony Wheeler

« Reply #1 on: January 13, 2011, 12:35:59 pm »

I believe all Wheel-Ins have been canx until further notice.
Todd Ockert

« Reply #2 on: January 14, 2011, 10:47:29 am »

The above is true about the wheel-ins being cancelled.
They did not make as much money as expected for the association.

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
Member of Cal4Wheel, Hanford Trail Busters, Rubicon 4WDA
www.accessarmy.com
Chris Boucher

« Reply #3 on: January 14, 2011, 05:06:08 pm »

"on hold indefinately" sounds better to me...

LOOK HERE

Sounds less permanent.  I say bring them back, any money made is well worth it.

United Life Member
VA4WDA
Tidewater Fourwheelers
Curator - Unofficial Chesapeake Jeep Museum
Peter Vahry
UFWDA International Vice-President

« Reply #4 on: January 14, 2011, 07:02:43 pm »

You're right Chris... we just need someone to put forward a proposal that won't cost UFWDA money. We're happy to promote and endorse but don't have the personnel to co-ordinate an event.
There is value from a marketing viewpoint of raising UFWDA awareness among four wheelers and the potential of gaining some members... it's just that the business case is a tough one.

However, there may well be people who can find suitable land for such an exercise, which is the essential starting point.

Peter

Auckland Four Wheel Drive Club Inc, 4x4 Challenges NZ Inc, NZFWDA life member
bsutton

« Reply #5 on: January 16, 2011, 02:33:33 pm »

i'm kinda new at this..

what can we do as members to assist? i'm sure some folks , if given enough notice, would be willing to help out. Is it just bodies to help with registration/ trail guides/advertising/ sponsors?Huh

i would really hate to see this go away...

brian
Peter Vahry
UFWDA International Vice-President

« Reply #6 on: January 16, 2011, 07:37:17 pm »

Hi Brian, initially the key is identifying a suitable site that has a suitable price. The site ideally should be a little unique to attract people who might otherwise never get to visit. An easy option is to use an existing OHV 'Park' but apart from having a social gathering, the wheeling would be little different to any normal day that the public might enjoy. It's also hard to expect people to pay a 'premium' for somewhere they can go anytime.

Once the site is determined then the 'people' part of the equation comes into play.

Peter

Auckland Four Wheel Drive Club Inc, 4x4 Challenges NZ Inc, NZFWDA life member
SIGZ

« Reply #7 on: January 20, 2011, 09:40:45 pm »

The one in 2009 at Oakridge I thought was co organized by a couple of groups. Is the cost to use Oakridge on the hight side. If not is it just a matter of getting the members to Do the organizing and advertising etc. I was there but that was first one and that event is what got me interested in UFWDA. I have met so many from here since then and am willing to help any way I can. I am part of Hampton Roads Jeep Club (hrjc.org) Was a member of VBJO Virginia Beach Jeeps Off-road for over 4 years until the lead organizer shut the VBJO down. Me and a friend then created HRJC. If we as a group can help in any way.

Sigz
Todd Ockert

« Reply #8 on: January 22, 2011, 10:24:07 am »

Sig

I think it would take a group like yours to coordinate the next Wheel-in to make it happen.
There have been other events that have had their own event, and then made a donation to UFWDA also.
I think there are ways to make this all happen if a small group wants to head it up.
I would start by putting a plan together, and then present it to the UFWDA BOD for their approval if you wanted to make it an exclusive UFWDA event.
If it is your own event, and then a donation to UFWDA from the event proceeds, you may not need UFWDA BOD approval.

Just my thoughts from when I was on the BOD.

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
Member of Cal4Wheel, Hanford Trail Busters, Rubicon 4WDA
www.accessarmy.com
bsutton

« Reply #9 on: February 11, 2011, 08:39:11 pm »

Todd,
is oakridge just too expensive??
If we opened a run at Oakridge in, say September, October or November, and had 200 vehicles show, what would it cost per vehicle?..again, i'm just throwing out some numbers...i'm not really sure i could guess on the number of attendees at the 2nd wheel in that i attended...

brian
Chris Boucher

« Reply #10 on: February 11, 2011, 10:18:03 pm »

Brian,
PM sent.

United Life Member
VA4WDA
Tidewater Fourwheelers
Curator - Unofficial Chesapeake Jeep Museum
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  UFWDA WHEEL-IN  |  Topic: Virginia Wheel-in 2011 ?? « previous next »
Jump to: