UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
October 22, 2014, 07:41:25 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
ATTENTION: Delegates, Lifetime and Ambassador Members if you can not see or access "Delegate Level Private Forums (including Lifetime Members)" please send an e-mail to forums@ufwda.org requesting access.
14,046 Posts in 3,252 Topics by 972 Members
Latest Member: Hiltz
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  BFG 2014 Outstanding Trails  |  Topic: Calling All Nominations for BFGoodrich’s Outstanding Trails Program « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Calling All Nominations for BFGoodrich’s Outstanding Trails Program  (Read 6879 times)
Jim Mazzola
UFWDA President
ghost

« on: February 15, 2011, 10:17:59 pm »

Calling All Nominations for BFGoodrich’s Outstanding Trails Program

BFGoodrich Tires, in partnership with United Four Wheel Drive Associations and Tread Lightly!  is calling for nominations for their 2011 Outstanding Trails campaign.  Since its inception in 2005, the Outstanding Trails program has highlighted the best off-road trails in the USA each year and applauds the clubs that help promote the responsible use and preservation of these trails.  

In 2011, BFGoodrich is looking for exceptional trails and clubs to take part in the Outstanding Trails program.   Please send your club/trail nomination to trails@ufwda.org by March 15, 2011.  Please include in your nomination the following:

-    Name of your club and contact person details
-    Trail nomination information, such as - Location of the trail and whether it's a part of a larger trail system?  
-    Why the trail should be chosen as one of the best in the USA?
-    What work needs to be done on the trail to keep it open and how will the BFGoodrich Outstanding Trails grant assist?

We look forward to your nominations.  It's going to be a great year for Outstanding Trails - with a new twist in 2011 where a trail will be chosen by consumer vote.

Look for more information here and in UFWDA's E-News available on our website    www.ufwda.org
« Last Edit: February 15, 2011, 10:27:14 pm by Peter Vahry » Logged
Todd Ockert
ghost

« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2011, 06:33:43 pm »

This is a great program.
Lets get those nominations in and get some recognition for UFWDA organizations.

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
Member of Cal4Wheel, Hanford Trail Busters, Rubicon 4WDA
www.accessarmy.com
Big Ed
ghost

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2011, 02:53:08 pm »

Does our club have to be a member of UFWDA to be nominated? Also,we have six adopt a trails. Do we have to pick just one?
Jim Mazzola
UFWDA President
ghost

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2011, 07:35:35 pm »

Does our club have to be a member of UFWDA to be nominated? Also,we have six adopt a trails. Do we have to pick just one?

Ed,
I've not been made aware of any specific requirement however, one might 'assume' that being a member certainly wouldn't hurt.  Grin We are afterall, trying to get the unorganized folks all pulling in the same direction as the organized ones. All to often there are way to many 'freeloading' clubs and Organizations that simply bask in the hard work and sweat of those who work to preserve access to both private and public land.

The specific requirement for nomination does not preclude multiple trails being combined together however once a trail is nominated, and if successfull in winning, you would not be able to nomniate any of those trails in the future. However, a 1 mile long trail probably would have a hard time doing battle against a trail of 10 miles.
BFG, UFWDA, and Tread Lightly will take into account all the aspects of the trails including it's overall benefit the the 4 wheeling community. That's why we ask for the information we do.

Nomination is free.......what do you have to loose?   Roll Eyes
jim-kb8ymf
Big Ed
ghost

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2011, 08:38:22 pm »

Our board meeting is tonight and I will bring this up. I don't speek for the club and I think they are not aware of this opportunity. Will have to see what the consesus is.

Edit: What is the cost to join your organization?
« Last Edit: February 22, 2011, 08:42:42 pm by Big Ed » Logged
Jim Mazzola
UFWDA President
ghost

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2011, 09:40:17 pm »

Ed,
There are two distinct membership paths. One being $15.00 per member which gets you access to UFWDA's insurance program. If yu put on a trail ride or other event this could save you $1000.  The second path is for Organizations only which is $100. That structure is coming under review per the Delegates request from last years AGM. Discussion will ensue on the website shortly.
Sorry for the delay I was in a BOD call
Jim
Big Ed
ghost

« Reply #6 on: February 23, 2011, 06:32:12 pm »

It was decided at the meeting last night that we nominate the Dusy Ershim trail. At thirty three miles,it's our longest trail. I volunteered to submit it myself. Thanks for all your help.  Smiley
Todd Ockert
ghost

« Reply #7 on: February 24, 2011, 07:53:56 am »

Big Ed

Sounds like you are from Fresno, and maybe the Fresno 4WDC?
I am from the Hanford Trail Busters, and we are nominating Mirror Lake trail for Lock and Low.
They know we are nominating it for them also.

In years past when I organized the list for UFWDA, I have included Dusy, Swamp, and Mirror and the other trails around the Shaver Lake area.

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
www.accessarmy.com
Big Ed
ghost

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2011, 02:43:28 pm »

Yes,I live in Fresno and am in the FWDCF. I,ve been on the Dusy Ershim trail opening the last three years and it is by far my favorite trail. I wasn't aware it had been nominated in the past. Thank you for that. When you nominated it,did you include a write up explaining what a wonderful trail it is?
Todd Ockert
ghost

« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2011, 11:29:12 am »

PM me your email address, and I will send you what I sent previously.

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
www.accessarmy.com
Big Ed
ghost

« Reply #10 on: March 21, 2011, 03:54:51 pm »

Ed,
I've not been made aware of any specific requirement however, one might 'assume' that being a member certainly wouldn't hurt.  Grin We are afterall, trying to get the unorganized folks all pulling in the same direction as the organized ones. All to often there are way to many 'freeloading' clubs and Organizations that simply bask in the hard work and sweat of those who work to preserve access to both private and public land.

The specific requirement for nomination does not preclude multiple trails being combined together however once a trail is nominated, and if successfull in winning, you would not be able to nomniate any of those trails in the future. However, a 1 mile long trail probably would have a hard time doing battle against a trail of 10 miles.
BFG, UFWDA, and Tread Lightly will take into account all the aspects of the trails including it's overall benefit the the 4 wheeling community. That's why we ask for the information we do.

Nomination is free.......what do you have to loose?   Roll Eyes
jim-kb8ymf

I just recieved an email from you asking for our clubs UFWDA membership # so you can proceed with our nomination. The email stated that it is required. Your reply here says that it is not,yes or no?
Todd Ockert
ghost

« Reply #11 on: March 21, 2011, 10:49:41 pm »

Cal4Wheel is a member, and both Fresno 4WDC and Lock and Low are members of Cal4Wheel.
So, in the aspect that Cal4Wheel is a member of UFWDA, so are the two above mentioned clubs.

Jim

Cal4 has a new president.  It might be worth your time to make a call, and see if he would be willing to bring the full membership of Cal4Wheel into UFWDA.

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
www.accessarmy.com
Jim Mazzola
UFWDA President
ghost

« Reply #12 on: March 22, 2011, 05:36:01 am »

I just received an email from you asking for our clubs UFWDA membership # so you can proceed with our nomination. The email stated that it is required. Your reply here says that it is not,yes or no?

The nomination process in and of itself is free. The club/person who nominates isn't necessarily the club who's on the receiving end of the money. We've had many nominations in the past that came from outside the club who's in line for the money.
BFG wants to recognize clubs and organizations that support the national organization, UFWDA, with a program that others can not participate in.  Call it another benefit that UFWDA provides it's members. If the Board didn't work hard for this and other programs like our Insurance program for clubs putting on event, many fourwheelers simply do not support those organizations who fight for access to our public lands. Just look at membership numbers in our national organizations.....pretty abysmal when compared to say just the registered member of Pirate 4X4.com. That's sad.
This requirement from BFG has been here for this program for it's entire existence. However not well advertised. I will admit I was not totally aware of this specific requirement when I took it over this year.
jim-kb8ymf
Big Ed
ghost

« Reply #13 on: March 22, 2011, 12:59:20 pm »

Our board meeting is tonight,so we will have a chance for discussion on this. I understand what you are saying about the dismal participation in organizations,I still run across a lot of people on our trails that have no idea that our club built and maintains the trails. They think the Forest Service did it.  Roll Eyes
Big Ed
ghost

« Reply #14 on: March 23, 2011, 12:28:14 pm »

It was decided at the meeting last night that we won't be continuing with the nomination this year,maybe next year. Also,our club is no longer a member of Cal 4 Wheel.
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  BFG 2014 Outstanding Trails  |  Topic: Calling All Nominations for BFGoodrich’s Outstanding Trails Program « previous next »
Jump to: