UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 20, 2014, 12:43:17 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
ATTENTION: Delegates, Lifetime and Ambassador Members if you can not see or access "Delegate Level Private Forums (including Lifetime Members)" please send an e-mail to forums@ufwda.org requesting access.
13,952 Posts in 3,173 Topics by 970 Members
Latest Member: Mactron
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  Regional Focus - News and Local Events  |  Northeast  |  Topic: BIG DOGS ULTIMATE ADVENTURE (BDUA) Starting summer 2013 « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: BIG DOGS ULTIMATE ADVENTURE (BDUA) Starting summer 2013  (Read 983 times)
Peter Vahry
UFWDA International Vice-President

« on: September 17, 2012, 09:46:41 pm »

INTRODUCTION

The Big Dog Ultimate Adventure (BDUA) is a combination of two of Big Dogs Pack It In (PII) trips, north and south.  Normally each PII, north or south, is 3 days in duration over a holiday weekend.  For example, Labor Day weekend, Labor Day is always the first  Monday in September.  BDUA will be 4 days in duration, Fri, Sat, Sun & Labor Day.     

For BDUA we will need to take at least one vacation day, Friday, to make the four day BDUA.  Do not miss Friday.  Friday has the most beautiful sight on the entire east coast.   

The Big Dog himself will not drive his Jeep, rather he will drive a Chevy Duramax Diesel dually as a tow vehicle and tow an empty one-car trailer in case anyone breaks down badly and needs a tow back to civilization.  Can store gear in the bed of his truck. 

This BDUA will be entirely on the highway.  No off-roading.  Lots of sight-seeing, 12 beautiful landmarks.  No need to go to Colorado or Europe!  I have found many people don’t know what is in “their backyard!”  After this trip, you will know.   

If you can’t make Friday day and want to join up with us Friday night or Saturday morning, call me ahead of the BDUA and I will tell you where to meet us Friday night or Saturday morning and at what time. 

If you can’t stay with us through Monday, you can always leave on Sunday at any time. 

Everyone should bring maps of West Virginia, Maryland and Pennsylvania.  I’ll have additional maps for you too.  MUST PRE-REGISTER for this BDUA.  I have reservations to make.   

SCHEDULE             

Friday         

Meet in Franklin West Virginia at the Fireside Cafe, formerly Thompson’s Restaurant, next to the Exxon station at 10 AM.  Leave at 11 AM. 

11 AM departure to see the most beautiful sight on the entire east coast.  Rival’s the view of the Grand Canyon from the south rim. 

Drive to the highest point in WV. 

Go to million dollar mock up of all terrain, trails, back roads and highways.  Open 9-4:30 everyday.   

30-45 minute foot-walking climb to the top of a spectacular rock formation. 

Go to the Sods.

Gift shop and/or caverns.  9-5PM   

Go to the campground we are staying for one night, Friday night.  Tent camping like at Big Dogs.  If you want a cabin or hotel, tell me ahead of time of the BDUA.  We have them.  Hot showers available at the campground.       

Saturday       

9 AM sharp leave for the 12 zip lines and surprise.  This event goes to 12 AM noon.   
Get an earlier start time like 9 or 8 AM if possible.  7 or 8 AM is possible.   8-1-12 

Lunch at nearby restaurant on corner of road that goes to the highest point in WV. 

150 foot waterfall       

Abandoned fire tower. 

Across the bridge and on to the Blackwater 100 road.     

Camp on the lake first of two nights.  Tent camping like at Big Dogs.  If you want a cabin or hotel, tell me ahead of time of the BDUA.  We have them.  .       

Honi Honi Bar or other restaurants Saturday night               

Sunday           

Water park

Afternoon, speed boat for 3 hours, water ski and sight-see the lake from the lake! 

Camp on the lake second of two nights.         

Monday             

White water rafting

Frank Lloyd Wright’s “Falling Waters”  This is for the women!   

Plan for home. 

COST                             

You don’t have to pay for everything unless you want.  MUST PRE-REGISTER.                 

$ 95  12 Zip lines, per person                 
   30   Campgrounds per vehicle – three nights unless you cabin. 
 125   Ski boat for 3 hours
   22   Water Park per person
   60   White water rafting per person
   25   Frank Lloyd Wright’s “falling Waters” per person 
   30   Big Dogs
 ____ Food and fuel on your own.   
 387   Total   
 167   Without the 12 Zip lines and Ski boat.       

John H. Hunt, Jr., AIC, CFE
Owner, Big Dogs Offroad, LLC
Instructor, Off Road 101
Instructor, Black Dog Survival Training
Board of Director, VA4WDA
cell - (410) 440-3670 
email - johnhuntpilot@yahoo.com
website - www.bigdogsoffroad.com

Auckland Four Wheel Drive Club Inc, 4x4 Challenges NZ Inc, NZFWDA life member
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  Regional Focus - News and Local Events  |  Northeast  |  Topic: BIG DOGS ULTIMATE ADVENTURE (BDUA) Starting summer 2013 « previous next »
Jump to: