New OHV law imposed
Published: Friday, December 7, 2012 12:48 AM MSTCALIFORNIA — A new off-highway vehicle law takes effect Jan. 1 for side-by-side vehicles:
• Operators must be 16 years or older or directly supervised in the vehicle.
• Helmets are required for the operator and passengers.
• Seat and shoulder belts or safety harnesses must be used when the vehicle is in motion.
• Passengers must be able to grasp the handhold while properly restrained with their back against the seat-back.
• Beginning July 1, passengers must be seated in a location designed and provided by the manufacturer.
The law will be enforced on all public lands in California. Visit http://ohv.parks.ca.gov.
Sourced from http://www.mohavedailynews.com/articles/2012/12/07/news/local/doc50c19ae60db62715232921.txt