UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 23, 2014, 01:20:55 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
ATTENTION: Delegates, Lifetime and Ambassador Members if you can not see or access "Delegate Level Private Forums (including Lifetime Members)" please send an e-mail to forums@ufwda.org requesting access.
14,012 Posts in 3,223 Topics by 971 Members
Latest Member: onejsmith
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  Membership  |  Topic: Have yall lost a wheel and gone in the ditch? « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Have yall lost a wheel and gone in the ditch?  (Read 974 times)
Doc Elliott
Southern Four Wheel Drive Association
ghost

webslinger, curmudgeon

« on: March 06, 2013, 06:34:31 pm »

Posted to the SFWDA 2013 1/4ly meeting minutes:
Code:
Should we remain a part of UFWDA?
SFWDA mailed United 4WDA a check for 2012 dues,
United never returned correspondence
with us so we placed a stop pay on the
check in December. We have still not heard from them.

Newsletter is here:  http://www.sfwda.org/pdf/2013LeadershipMeeting.pdf

What the hell, guys?

4x4er since early 70s (yes, before I was 16!)
http://www.rocketcityrockcrawlers.com
Doc Elliott
Southern Four Wheel Drive Association
ghost

webslinger, curmudgeon

« Reply #1 on: March 06, 2013, 06:35:36 pm »

And now, after perusing this forum and noticing all the thank-yous for $$$ and support, I'm DOUBLY PISSED.

4x4er since early 70s (yes, before I was 16!)
http://www.rocketcityrockcrawlers.com
dds4x4
ghost

« Reply #2 on: March 06, 2013, 08:55:39 pm »

Oops?
Paul Hittie
Just a guy with a Jeep!
ghost

« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2013, 01:25:06 pm »

I hate to ask the obvious, but did anyone from SFWDA contact Treasurer or Membership Director to verify that the check was actually received? 

Member - What Lies Beyond Jeep Club
VP - Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Association
Pat Brower
Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Association
ghost

« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2013, 11:34:52 pm »

I have to admit that this is the first time I've heard anything about it and I get copies of all the correspondence!

Members are WAY too important to let slide like that.  There's no way UFWDA would not cash, nor correspond, with someone sending in some dues.  We'd LOVE to have SFWDA on board; there MUST be some shenanigans going on over at the post office.

Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
Peter Vahry
UFWDA International Vice-President
ghost

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2013, 02:50:13 am »

Hi Doc, thanks for raising this and I hope that it can be quickly resolved, because we do value Southern and guys like you! I don't recall seeing advice that we received that check but I've asked Bob our treasurer to review the records.  Has your association any record of the check being cashed?

By the way, I'm looking for material for an edition of Voice due at the end March, anything been happening around your way?

Kind regards
Peter

Auckland Four Wheel Drive Club Inc, 4x4 Challenges NZ Inc, NZFWDA life member
Bob DeVore
UFWDA Treasurer
ghost

« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2013, 09:41:12 am »

I would like to Thank those that brought this to my attention.

I can state with absolute certainty United did not receive the Check from Southern Four Wheel Drive Association as indicated in the post above and discussed in the Leadership Meeting held February 2, 2013.  I can only ascertain the check was sent to an old address that no longer forwards mail.  United Four Wheel Drive Associations has held our present address since April 2011, which is:
UFWDA
P.O. Box 316
Swartz Creek, Michigan 48473
Our address is published monthly in the eNews.

Our QuickBooks Account reflects the last payment received from Southern Four Wheel Drive Association was Check Number 6112, Dated 08/13/2008 in the amount of $3.950.  (This posting to the account was prior to my assuming the role of treasurer.)

I am willing to do whatever I possibly can do to rectify the sense of rejection.  If you want me present at a Board or Membership Meeting to answer questions, I will do my level best to accomondate Southern Four Wheel Drive Association and its Members.

Jarhead
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  Membership  |  Topic: Have yall lost a wheel and gone in the ditch? « previous next »
Jump to: