UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
July 29, 2014, 07:44:26 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Due to spammers, registration via this forum is on hold. Sorry for the inconvenience. 
We are however happy to manually add you, so please email us at forums@ufwda.org
Admin Team
14,013 Posts in 3,224 Topics by 971 Members
Latest Member: onejsmith
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  Regional Focus - News and Local Events  |  Southeast  |  Topic: WOW « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: WOW  (Read 2978 times)
Dominic
ghost

WOW
« on: March 13, 2007, 07:41:18 am »

Out of more the 250 members no one is from the southeast.  Not upset in any way just think its a little funny.  I am in the Marine Corps and live in Jacksonville N.C.  there are a few good places to go in the Carolina's.  There is Uwharrie National Forest, Tellico, and a couple of smaller places to rock crawl and a lot of places to mud in N.C.  In S.C. the only thing I know of is Gulchies Off-Road Park.  I have a buddy thats says Al. is crazy to go rock crawling at.  Just trying to start some conversation here in the southeast.

94YJ, 7" overall lift, 37" MTRs, 8.8 rear w/detroit, 4.88 gears
I doni need no instructions to know how to ROCK!!!!!!!!!!
Todd Ockert
ghost

« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2007, 09:42:00 am »

Dominic

Thanks for posting, and trying to get something started.  I would also let all your friends know about the site, and get them to join here also. 

Thanks for your service to our country and fighting for our freedom to wheel.
I have 22 years in the Navy, and enjoy wheeling as much as humanly possible.  My wife says I am obsesseed with our jeeps, and wheeling.  hehe  I think she may be right.

Thanks

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
Member of Cal4Wheel, Hanford Trail Busters, Rubicon 4WDA
www.accessarmy.com
UFWDA Forum Admin
UFWDA Forum
Administrator
ghost

« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2007, 10:30:37 am »

Dominic there are a bunch of people on here from Florida (FL4WDA - http://www.fl4wda.com/ ) and Alabama (SFWDA - http://www.sfwda.org/ ).. which I would say is the Southeast.  Let's see if we can get some of them to post up in here.  I'm sure there are others here from other places in the southeast too.

- Shawn

Forum Admin: United Four Wheel Drive Associations
Dominic
ghost

« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2007, 01:58:51 pm »

i will try to get as many people on here to post up.  and i'm right with you todd i wheel as much as i can

kf6zpl
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2007, 02:29:18 pm »

Some members of Southern association will be joining me at the UFWDA booth at the Spring SEMA in Atlanta next week.

Dave Logan
Southern Four Wheel Drive Association
ghost

« Reply #5 on: March 15, 2007, 08:36:20 pm »

We're looking forward to it, John. 

We had a pretty good turn out at the annual Clean Up in Tellico last weekend.  I took pictures and forwarded them to Stefan.  The Forest Service will publish the statistics soon listing the # of people, amopunt of trash collected, etc.

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you talk to them.
Carter Wexler
ghost

« Reply #6 on: March 16, 2007, 07:57:58 pm »

Dominic,
There are quite a few of us in United from the Southeast - I am from the S.E. Tennessee / North Georgia area. Good to hear from you.

Delegate
Dominic
ghost

« Reply #7 on: March 23, 2007, 09:14:32 am »

its good to be on here.  just wanted the southeast to do some talking.  the only region with no posts.  i like starting something.   Grin Grin Grin Grin

Rick Casey
Carolina Full Size Jeep Club
ghost

« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2007, 09:30:52 am »

Hey Y'all! Rick Casey here. I saw this and said WOW!...someone posted! Thanks Dominic.
Lots of us ex and active military here in the SE. More than anywhere else in the country.  Wink

I'm with the Carolina Full Size Jeep Club. I live in the upstate of SC and wheel Tellico and Uwharrie as much as possible. Which btw, is never enough.
I live about 45 mins from Gulches and have never been.   Shocked

We at the CFSJC have just celebrated our first anniversary and we're 25 member families strong. We spread from Florence, SC to Edenton, NC to Knoxville, TN.
Last year we adopted a trail ('Dickey Bell') at URE and look forward to another year of helping out in the forest.
This year we joined United and are commited to doing our part.

June 7-10th 2007 we are having our 5th annual FSJ East Coast Invasion at Uwharrie.
You may have never seen so many cool old Wagoneers, Cherokees and J-trucks, since the AMC dealers had them on the lot!

Hope to meet y'all on the trails.

Rick Casey

Carolina Full Size Jeep Club
www.cfsjc.com
Dominic
ghost

« Reply #9 on: March 27, 2007, 10:10:25 am »

thats cool man.  my club Muddy Rocks Off Road Club adobted Falls Damn at Uwharrie.  we are going up their easter weekend.  i personally want to check out Gulches and Tellico.  keep me posted on your run in june.  i'll try to get my club up there.  we got a bunch of wranglers from a 78CJ all the why to a 04Rubi

Doc Elliott
ghost

webslinger, curmudgeon

« Reply #10 on: May 29, 2007, 06:45:48 pm »

RCRC has been crawlin since 1993.....

4x4er since early 70s (yes, before I was 16!)
http://www.rocketcityrockcrawlers.com
Todd Ockert
ghost

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2007, 10:05:22 am »

Sounds like some nice area's to go wheeling. 
Wish I could come check out the trails in the area. 

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
Member of Cal4Wheel, Hanford Trail Busters, Rubicon 4WDA
www.accessarmy.com
Jennifer Hawkins
Florida Four Wheel Drive Association
ghost

« Reply #12 on: June 30, 2007, 06:52:47 am »

Why yes, Florida is in the southeast, thanks for that reminder Shwan, I sometimes wonder  Wink.

I am Jennifer, delegate to United from FL4WDA, Board member of FL4WDA, and member of the Ocala Jeep Club, 100 families in our club.  We spend most of our wheeling kicking up sand and dirt in the Ocala and Osceola National Forest.  Except Osceola is about 1/2 shut down at the moment from the wildfires of May.  Don't panic, the USFS is doing an emergency timber harvest to get rid of the damaged trees.  And, just an FYI , the lest damaged areas by the fire are the ones that had recent controlled burns to rid the forest floor of flammable debris.

Robert Temple
ghost

« Reply #13 on: January 10, 2008, 07:53:12 am »

Slowly changing that too here along the coast.  We have three members now from Low Country Jeep Club.

Palmetto Jeep Club
LowCountry Jeep Club
John Caliri
ghost

« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2008, 09:56:20 am »

Thought I'd chime in.  I am in the central part of NC, about 1 hour south of Raleigh.  I am very close to Uwharrie and that is my "home turf", so to speak.  I am up there regularly on weekends, when the trails are open.  I even make it during a weekday here and there because I wind up in Troy for work once in a while.

If any of you are planning at any time to hit Uwharrie, give me a shout and I'll see if I can ride along with you.  There are great campgrounds as well as camping along the trails.  There are lakes and the Uwharrie river for fishing, boating, swimming.  There are trails for your 4x4, dirt bike, atv, hiking horses and mountain bikes.  Most of the trails for 4x4's are just trail riding, but there are a few decent obstacles adn difficult lines to take if you know where to look.

The trails open back up in April, I beleive, so give me a call if you'd like to try it out.  910-639-3856

Dominic, as a former Marine myself, let me thank you for your service to our country.

Semper Fi,

John

"Obsessed is just a word the lazy use to describe the dedicated"
Paul Vargas
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  Regional Focus - News and Local Events  |  Southeast  |  Topic: WOW « previous next »
Jump to: