UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 06:36:27 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Due to spammers, registration via this forum is on hold. Sorry for the inconvenience. 
We are however happy to manually add you, so please email us at forums@ufwda.org
Admin Team
14,027 Posts in 3,237 Topics by 971 Members
Latest Member: onejsmith
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  Regional Focus - News and Local Events  |  Southwest  |  Topic: Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance at it again « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance at it again  (Read 929 times)
Todd Ockert
ghost

« on: March 28, 2007, 10:04:17 pm »

SUWA is asking its membership to write many letters to the BLM to close this area.
Here is info from the email.

Below the flanks of the Abajo Mountains on southeastern Utah’s Cedar Mesa lies Arch Canyon, a virtual treasure trove of Native American archaeological sites, most of which have never been surveyed by the BLM.  Last December, a broad coalition of conservationists, Navajo Tribal leaders, and local business owners filed a formal Petition to Preserve Arch Canyon’s Natural and Cultural Resources.  Three months later, the Bureau of Land Management (BLM) is taking steps in the opposite direction.  Instead of acting on the petition, which is supported by independent scientific research, the agency is preparing an Environmental Assessment in order to issue multi-year permits for destructive off-road vehicle (ORV) events in the canyon.

To send your own personal letter by postal or electronic mail (this type of comment letter is best), write to:
Sandra Meyers, Manager
Brian Quigley
BLM--Monticello Field Office
435 North Main Street
PO Box 7
Monticello, UT  84535

Email:
sandra_meyers@blm.gov
brian_quigley@blm.gov

I included contact information for BLM so our members can write our own letters.

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
Member of Cal4Wheel, Hanford Trail Busters, Rubicon 4WDA
www.accessarmy.com
Steve Jackson
Utah 4 Wheel Drive Association
ghost

« Reply #1 on: March 29, 2007, 12:05:50 am »

Yup, we're on it (as on it as we ever are).  We put out the call to submit letters from our side.

Steve Jackson
Past President, Utah 4 Wheel Drive Association
http://www.u4wda.org
http://www.utahoffroad.com
Todd Ockert
ghost

« Reply #2 on: March 29, 2007, 10:21:50 am »

I was sure you guys were, just wanted to post it here to let others also know.

I have gone in and signed up for some of our oppositions newsletters.  Lets me know what they are attempting to do in their fight against our rights to recreate on the land.

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
www.accessarmy.com
kf6zpl
« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2007, 10:47:32 am »

Todd:

That is a good strategy.  I can only manage to keep on a few lists.  I generally receive one posting and then they stop and I have to re-submit.

I do encourage everyone to post the issues they are working with.  That is why this forum is structrued into regions.  That lets everyone know what is happening in an area of interest without getting bogged down in large amounts of postings.

Todd Ockert
ghost

« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2007, 12:54:56 pm »

John

I am sure they scrub their database once in a while, and they see your name.  You are well known as fighting for our access.
So they remove you from their mailing lists. 

Those of us that are not so well known, can get away with this for a while.

Another good reason to keep the forum private, and need to be registered to use it. 
That way they can not see who all is in here, and use our list to scrub theirs with. 
Keep our member lists private and treat them as an industry secret.

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
www.accessarmy.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  Regional Focus - News and Local Events  |  Southwest  |  Topic: Southern Utah Wilderness Alliance at it again « previous next »
Jump to: