UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
December 21, 2014, 12:21:14 pm

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Due to spammers, registration via this forum is on hold. Sorry for the inconvenience. 
We are however happy to manually add you, so please email us at forums@ufwda.org
Admin Team
14,077 Posts in 3,274 Topics by 974 Members
Latest Member: Johann
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  Regional Focus - News and Local Events  |  Southwest  |  Topic: Clear Creek Work Day « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Clear Creek Work Day  (Read 1166 times)
Todd Ockert
ghost

« on: April 01, 2007, 04:00:33 pm »

A couple of weeks ago, the BLM contacted one of the local Cal4Wheel members asking for help on a work day in the Clear Creek Management Area (CCMA).

A post was made on the Cal4Wheel forum and we started looking for volunteers to assist with this.  I volunteered along with my wife and a couple of others from Cal4Wheel.  Once we got out there, we found out there were a bunch of bikers also to assist on this work weekend.

We ended up in clearing two trails and removed one fence.  Yes, we removed a fence from an old closed off area that is now open.  It was a pleasure to remove the fence.  All of the trails we worked on actually are for the dirt bikes.  But it was nice to see the bikers and 4X4 users working together for a common goal.  The BLM was impressed with all the help they got for this event.  We also talked to the BLM about other organized work days also.  We are going to work with them on setting these dates further in advance, so we can get some business's to donate some burgers and other stuff to possibly raffle off to the workers who show up. 

Here are some pictures of the day.
The group:

The brief:

Trail casualty:

Our lunch spot for burgers and hotdogs:

I brought burgers and dogs for those that wanted them.  Jamie got some water from someone he knows at a water distributer.

We dismounted the cut tire and installed a tire from Roberts truck.  We did have to dismount his to install it on the original rim.

Overall, it was a good day.

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
Member of Cal4Wheel, Hanford Trail Busters, Rubicon 4WDA
www.accessarmy.com
9ersgirl
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2007, 05:20:53 pm »

Great work!!  It is nice to see such positive work being done!!
Todd Ockert
ghost

« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2007, 08:26:11 pm »

Amanda

Thanks, and I think we made a good impression with the BLM for this area.
Now they know there is a bunch of people that care about the area.
We are going to schedule some other work weekends for the area also.
We may try to do one to just pick up trash in the OHV Staging areas. 
Then get some sponsors to donate some stuff for a raffle after all the trash pickup is done.

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
www.accessarmy.com
Robert Price
ghost

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2007, 10:26:22 am »

Where is Clear Creek?
Todd Ockert
ghost

« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2007, 11:02:23 am »

West of Coalinga Ca or Southwest of Fresno.

Big OHV area there owned by the BLM.

Look at my web site for a map, or check www.cal4wheel.com web site for info on our annual Molina Ghost Run later this month.

Here is the link to my web site: www.tnt-jeeping.com
I have a link on there to trails and photos for clear creek.

This area does get closed in the summer for Asbestos dust to protect our health.

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
www.accessarmy.com
kf6zpl
« Reply #5 on: April 05, 2007, 11:15:19 am »

I continuosly advocate the people become involved with their local land managers.  This is a classic example of people being involved.

UFWDA has a program to acknowledge this type of effort.  For more information, see:  http://www.ufwda.org/Conservation_Awards_Program.htm

Also important to know is the history, flora, fauna, geology and geoagraphy of the area.

As Todd pointed out, the Clear Creek Management Area is closed during the summer to reduce exposure to asbestos from the NATUALLY occuring serpentine rock formations in the area (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Serpentine)

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  Regional Focus - News and Local Events  |  Southwest  |  Topic: Clear Creek Work Day « previous next »
Jump to: