UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
November 01, 2014, 12:26:04 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Download the membership application and join UFWDA. Your membership will help fund UFWDA activities towards keeping trails open.
Read more...
14,050 Posts in 3,256 Topics by 972 Members
Latest Member: Hiltz
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  Regional Focus - News and Local Events  |  International  |  Topic: New Zealand 4WD Association conference « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: New Zealand 4WD Association conference  (Read 1747 times)
Peter Vahry
UFWDA International Vice-President
ghost

« on: May 02, 2007, 02:56:47 am »

The Annual General Meeting (AGM) of the New Zealand Four Wheel Drive Association (NZFWDA) is being held on 19 May 2007 in Wellington. The venue is the Petone Workingman's Club.

Auckland Four Wheel Drive Club Inc, 4x4 Challenges NZ Inc, NZFWDA life member
dds4x4
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2007, 11:04:32 am »

Wish I could make it.  But we'll be wheelin' in IL at the Two Rivers Jeep Club 4x4 Safari.

Any wheelin' in conjunction with the meeting?

Could the Grand handle the trails?
Peter Vahry
ghost

« Reply #2 on: May 02, 2007, 03:34:45 pm »

Hi Doug,it would have been great to have had you down here and yes there's a day of 'wheeling. Of course the Grand would cope, it might just need some serious mud tyres for our wet winter conditions and the Wellington hills. I look forward to seeing you in Colorado.....I get to enjoy someone else's summer  during our winter too!

Regards
Peter

Peter Vahry
ghost

« Reply #3 on: May 23, 2007, 03:37:38 am »

Well we got through another NZFWDA annual conference and meeting on Sat 19 May and a group went four wheeling in the hills on Sunday. Not me, I'd booked to fly home in the morning but a cancelled flight had me sitting in an airport for 4 hours!

Our guest speaker from the Department of Conservation (they administer 33% of NZ land) advised us to be ready to debate a proposed new law that is supposedly to go to Parliament in August this year. The proposed law will make all DOC land closed to vehicles unless permitted by notice. It sounds like a busy time is coming up!

Peter

dds4x4
« Reply #4 on: May 23, 2007, 10:12:57 am »

Sounds like you are in for a rocky road with the Dept of Conservation, Good Luck!

The WJ Grand is sporting NEW 32" Cooper STT tires now.  Worked GREAT in the Illinois mud last weekend and on the 900 mile highway roundtrip.

See ya in CO!     ---Doug & Kathy
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  Regional Focus - News and Local Events  |  International  |  Topic: New Zealand 4WD Association conference « previous next »
Jump to: