United Four Wheel Drive Associations Member:
Thank-you for your organization membership and support of the UFWDA goals to protect, promote and provide for 4x4 recreation".
As an organization member of UFWDA, you are entitled to designate up to two Delegates to represent the your organization and who authorized to state opinions, make decisions, and vote on behalf of the your organization to UFWDA. A Delegate Registration Form, which is enclosed, is required to identify your selected representatives. Please fill it out and mail or FAX the completed form to the address on the bottom.
The United Four Wheel Drive Associations Annual General Meeting is scheduled for July 25-26, 2007 in Grand Junction, Colorado.
In advance, there is good preliminary discussion on-going you should be part of it. Please join the UFWDA forums and help guide the organization into the future.
The process is painless and relatively easy. If you already have an account great go here: http://www.ufwda.org/smf
If you do not have a forum account, go here to register: http://www.ufwda.org/smf/index.php?action=register
Fill out the forum registration with your login name and real name (real names are required on the UFWDA Forums).
Once your registration is validated, you will be granted access to the Delegates Forum.
There are six important items on the agenda items currently being discussed:
1. Amendment to the by-laws. The President will entertain a motion that UFWDA adopt the proposed by-laws in their entirety. Substantial changes are proposed. The proposed by-laws are available here for everyone to view: http://www.ufwda.org/smf/index.php?topic=495.0
2. Confidence vote on the Business Plan. The President will entertain a motion from the delegates that UFWDA adopt and operate under the 2007 Business Plan. This motion is not technically required in order for the Board of Directors to adopt and work from the business plan. It is offered to establish historical support for the proposed direction of the organization. The Business Plan is available here for everyone to view at: http://www.ufwda.org/smf/index.php?topic=460.0
3. Confidence vote on the Marketing Plan. The President will entertain a motion from the delegates that UFWDA adopt and operate under the 2007 Marketing Plan. This motion is not technically required in order for the Board of Directors to adopt and work from the business plan. It is offered to establish historical support for the proposed direction of the organization. (NOTE: The Marketing Plan is available here and is only available to delegates as it contains marketing strategy that should be considered trade secrets and kept confidential from the general public and our competitors. Please remember this when circulating it amongst the decision-makers in your association.) http://www.ufwda.org/smf/index.php?topic=406.0
4. Vote on acceptance of the 2008 proposed budget. The President will entertain a motion to adopt the proposed 2008 budget. That budget appears on pages 27 and 28 of the Proposed Business Plan available here: http://www.ufwda.org/smf/index.php?topic=460.0
5. Vote on nominations for the following board positions. Vice President (currently held as an interim position by Bob Yarbrough, Southern Four Wheel Drive Association), International Vice President (currently held by Peter Vahry, New Zealand), Treasurer (currently held by Billie Jeanne Fish, Middle Atlantic Four Wheel Drive Association), Secretary (currently held as an interim position by Pat Crump, Colorado Association of Four Wheel Drive Clubs, Inc.), Director of Public Relations (currently vacant), and Director of Environmental Affairs (currently vacant).
Statements of candidacy from persons interested in accepting nominations for these positions must be received by UFWDA by May 24, 2007 or such persons must be present at the annual meeting in July to accept a nomination from the floor.
6. 2008 Annual Meeting location - chose one: (A) Orlando, FL; (B) Columbus, OH; (C) Milwaukee, WI; (D) Nashua, NH
Presentations and details for all four locations can be found at: http://www.ufwda.org/smf/index.php?topic=494.0