UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
April 23, 2014, 06:23:03 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
ATTENTION: Delegates, Lifetime and Ambassador Members if you can not see or access "Delegate Level Private Forums (including Lifetime Members)" please send an e-mail to forums@ufwda.org requesting access.
13,953 Posts in 3,174 Topics by 970 Members
Latest Member: Mactron
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  General UFWDA Topics  |  Topic: Newb coming to Convention « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Newb coming to Convention  (Read 2863 times)
Doc Elliott
Southern Four Wheel Drive Association

webslinger, curmudgeon

« on: May 29, 2007, 07:01:46 pm »

Since I was already planning to be at the MHJC All4Fun, I was asked by SFWDA to come to UFWDA Convention as a Southern Delegate.  Guess yall need to learn to understand a thick Alabama accent!  Lookin forward to the meetings.........

4x4er since early 70s (yes, before I was 16!)
http://www.rocketcityrockcrawlers.com
9ersgirl
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2007, 09:06:15 pm »

Great!  I look forward to meeting you.  Please make sure you either send in your delegate credential's sheet or bring it with you.  You will not be allowed to vote if you are not properly credentialed.  You can find that form here on the web or if you need me to send you a copy, drop me an email at officemanager@ufwda.org.

Thanks much!
See you in CO!

Amanda Cottrell
UFWDA Administrative Officer
14525 SW Millikan Way #22622
Beaverton, OR 97005-2343
Todd Ockert

« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2007, 11:46:00 pm »

Doc

Welcome to United Forum.
Congrats on coming to the Convention.  I hope to make it, and we have friends in Colorado that we would visit also.

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
Member of Cal4Wheel, Hanford Trail Busters, Rubicon 4WDA
www.accessarmy.com
Jim Mazzola
UFWDA President

« Reply #3 on: June 04, 2007, 08:56:44 pm »

Glad to see we'll have a David Borum 'stand in'.  We sure do miss that accent. I'm sure you hear us northerners ask for Y'all to say it again more than once.
See you @ Convention & A-4-F
jim/kim
Robert Fuller

« Reply #4 on: June 06, 2007, 08:49:11 am »

Jim,

Don't let Doc fool you, he may look and act like your typical Bama (well Auburn actually) redneck, but he's actually the top guru for the Army's Research, Development and Engineering Command Computer Systems group. Just don't get him started by asking web/computer stuff at the convention.

Robert
Todd Ockert

« Reply #5 on: June 06, 2007, 09:28:33 am »

So, he will go from jeeps to technogeek in microseconds?

Does the tool pouch hide, and a pocket protecter appear in his shirt pocket?

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
www.accessarmy.com
Robert Fuller

« Reply #6 on: June 07, 2007, 01:40:29 pm »

I think it can be more like nanoseconds Wink I don't think he knows what a pocket protector is, don't need those for overalls (after all he is an Auburn fan Wink.

Robert
Teresa Ockert

« Reply #7 on: June 17, 2007, 12:35:35 pm »

I am also a newbee coming to convention, with my husband Todd.
 Looking forward to meeting everyone in person.  Wink
     Teresa

graduate of Del Albright (vlls) voulenteer leadership and land steward workshop class of 06
Randy Langstraat
North American XJ Association (NAXJA)

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2007, 12:50:22 pm »

another newbie here that will be at the convention.....looking forward to meeting all of you Smiley

Randy Langstraat
myXJ.net
Gene Ockert
UFWDA Vice President

« Reply #9 on: June 19, 2007, 07:29:32 pm »

Hope to be able to make next year. Since I have to be in Ruth NV for Nevada Backroads outing, that has been scheduled for over a year. I help do all the pre runs for the weekend. I would love to go. My son and daughter in law, Todd and Teresa will be there.
geno

member of UFWDA, Nevadabackroaders, BRC
Todd Ockert

« Reply #10 on: June 19, 2007, 07:54:43 pm »

Geno is my dad.  If he did not have prior commitments, as mentioned above, he would come to the convention.

He wants to get more involved with keeping lands open for us all, since he has wheeled on many of them across the nation over his many years of age. 

I hope that someday he will become a member of our BOD here. 
He is like many in our nation, that probably thought that our public lands would be open for us all the time.  Sorry if this is not what you thought dad.

He is well thought of within his local clubs in the Vegas area and wheels as much as he can. 

Thanks

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
www.accessarmy.com
bill burke

« Reply #11 on: June 25, 2007, 12:36:53 am »

Hey all!!

I am glad to see some discussion of the annual meeting and the voting issues that will need to be taken care of.

I hope all delegates get it together and perform due diligence to be up to speed with what the issues are, how they will be voting and representing their respective associations and members.

I would like to have a productive caucus and proactive voting session. Please make sure any and all delegates get the word to "do their homework" and come prepared. Not to wait until the last minute and take up valuable time during the convention.

I look forward to working with you all and meeting you all in Grand Junction this July.

kind regards,

Bill Burke
dds4x4
« Reply #12 on: June 25, 2007, 04:10:06 pm »

Have been and will do.
Thanks, Bill.
See ya in GJ!

---Doug
Tammy Lynn Van Gemert
Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs

« Reply #13 on: July 03, 2007, 02:12:49 pm »

I will be attending for the first time as well-representing the Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs. Is there anything we need to bring concerning our Association? Will we be asked to give a report of our current projects or anything like that?

I've never been to Colorado so I am looking forward to some new scenery. Unfortunately I won't make the wheeling because we just don't have the accommodations for that right now-but I plan to do a little sightseeing.

Tammy Lynn Van Gemert
Executive Vice President/Chief Editor, Northeast Association of 4WD Clubs, Inc.
95 XJ aka Dream Angel
http://www.DeepWoodsExtreme.com
http://www.nea4wd.org
Todd Ockert

« Reply #14 on: July 03, 2007, 02:29:55 pm »

Tammy

There is a land use conference on Friday.  If you can bring info on what has gone right, and the current issues you are still facing, or currently working on would be nice.

I will be hosting this I think with Peter, and I am taking a lot of notes, and hope that we can help other associations with issues.
Basically put our heads together, and pick out all the good parts that work, and apply them as we need to different areas.

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
www.accessarmy.com
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  UFWDA General Discussion  |  General UFWDA Topics  |  Topic: Newb coming to Convention « previous next »
Jump to: