UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
September 02, 2014, 01:44:41 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Due to spammers, registration via this forum is on hold. Sorry for the inconvenience. 
We are however happy to manually add you, so please email us at forums@ufwda.org
Admin Team
14,027 Posts in 3,237 Topics by 971 Members
Latest Member: onejsmith
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  Regional Focus - News and Local Events  |  Northeast  |  Topic: Land use/access sites « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Land use/access sites  (Read 1182 times)
Todd Ockert
ghost

« on: June 14, 2007, 02:49:34 pm »

Good sites to track, and monitor Land use/access issues for the East coast.

For those on the east coast, if you have a list of sites that you use to track land use/access issues, please post them here for my knowledge, and use. 

I am working on getting fully up to speed on the issues affecting the East coast OHV communities. 

Thanks

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
Member of Cal4Wheel, Hanford Trail Busters, Rubicon 4WDA
www.accessarmy.com
Keith Holman
Middle Atlantic Four Wheel Drive Association
ghost

« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2007, 09:41:26 am »

Todd,
Here are a couple that I use. Please be aware that both pertain only to one area rather than a "global" type area.
North Carolina Beach Buggy Association http://www.ncbba.org Primarily concerned with Beach access in North Carolina's Outer Banks.
Uwharrie National Forest http://www.uwharrieinfo.us Primarily concerned with that particular forest.

HTH

What are you supposed to do when you see an "endangered" animal eating an "endangered" plant?
--------
Middle Atlantic Four Wheel Drive Association
Todd Ockert
ghost

« Reply #2 on: July 30, 2007, 08:02:58 pm »

Thanks for the links.

I know the Outer Banks was or has been closed to OHV access not too long ago. 
I think I did post info about that in the land use section.

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
Member of Cal4Wheel, Hanford Trail Busters, Rubicon 4WDA
www.accessarmy.com
JP
ghost

« Reply #3 on: September 02, 2008, 04:07:36 pm »

I know this topic is old, but I just saw it:
Mostly North east

http://www.ec4wda.org/landuse.asp

Thanks JP
 911 NEVER FORGET
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" Edmund Burke
"Congressman who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be shot
JP
ghost

« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2008, 03:04:11 pm »

A few more from the Northeast.

http://friendsofcoyhill.org/
http://www.nea4wd.org/index.cfm

Thanks JP
 911 NEVER FORGET
"All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing" Edmund Burke
"Congressman who willfully take actions during wartime that damage morale and undermine the military are saboteurs and should be shot
JP
ghost

« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2008, 03:11:53 pm »

Any thoughts?? I agree that it will further dilute the organizations that have already been established, i.e U4WDA,EC4WDA,BRC,NOHVCC  and others ??

Please tell your friends about this...

Navigating rolling terrain, traversing tricky rock grades and spines, making your way through wild regions to reach expansive vistas - these are just a few of the reasons so many people are passionate about off-road adventures.

Every day, across the United States, off-road enthusiasts get into their off-road vehicles and take to the trail. However, the roster of the places where they can legally and responsibly go is shrinking.

That's where the National Off-Road Association (NORA) comes in. NORA will bring together responsible OHV enthusiasts to be a unified voice, to learn about important issues, and to strengthen the nationwide family of off-roaders so that they can affect change.

"It's important for off-roaders to come together as a community in order to continue doing what we love," says Mark A. Smith, Off-Road Hall of Famer. "NORA will help us to create that strong community."

Members of NORA will come together not only to share their passion about exploring off-road terrain, but also to share information. Many off-roaders don't know about impending trail closures, or they might hear of closures in their area but not those farther away. NORA will provide a network of information sharing so that members can stay up-to-date on all issues that affect them.

In addition to sharing information that is already out there, a specific example of how NORA will also help expand the knowledge base of the industry is by initiating three studies. These studies will be produced by a university or independent company with the goal of discovering, through information gathering, the real effects the off-road industry has on an economic, environmental, and geologic level.

NORA will also provide a place where members can make their voices heard. Members will not only be informed about issues, they'll also have the tools they need to do something about them. NORA will provide members an opportunity to speak to like-minded off-road enthusiasts, as well as reach out to those land management agencies and elected officials who are making decisions.

While becoming a member of NORA provides many benefits, including a wide array of manufacturer discounts and rebates, it also comes with some responsibility. Every month, members will be asked to respond to three Action Alert items, which will increase the organization's leverage and encourage positive change in the industry. Members will also observe an off-road code of ethics that will help balance the use of off-road trails with the need to maintain a healthy environment.

Strength and success for NORA will only come from a large group of passionate people who want their voices to be heard. This unified voice will help to preserve the off-road industry and ensure that people who love to off-road responsibly will be able to do so for many years to come.

Greg Machado
greg@jeeptales.com
Jeep Tales Founder
www.jeeptales.com
Iím not an Off-Road EnthusiastÖ
Itís just that Iím Pavement Impaired.

Thanks JP
 911 NEVER FORGET
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  Regional Focus - News and Local Events  |  Northeast  |  Topic: Land use/access sites « previous next »
Jump to: