UFWDA Community Forum
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
August 29, 2014, 05:00:38 am

Login with username, password and session length
Search:     Advanced search
Download the membership application and join UFWDA. Your membership will help fund UFWDA activities towards keeping trails open.
Read more...
14,025 Posts in 3,235 Topics by 971 Members
Latest Member: onejsmith
* Home Help Search Calendar Login Register
UFWDA Community Forum  |  Regional Focus - News and Local Events  |  Southeast  |  Topic: Land use/access sites « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Land use/access sites  (Read 966 times)
Todd Ockert
ghost

« on: June 14, 2007, 02:50:39 pm »

Good sites to track, and monitor Land use/access issues for the South East coast.

For those on the South East coast, if you have a list of sites that you use to track land use/access issues, please post them here for my knowledge, and use. 

I am working on getting fully up to speed on the issues affecting the South East coast OHV communities. 

Thanks

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
Member of Cal4Wheel, Hanford Trail Busters, Rubicon 4WDA
www.accessarmy.com
Dave Logan
Southern Four Wheel Drive Association
ghost

« Reply #1 on: June 14, 2007, 03:55:06 pm »

Todd, when you ask about the Southeast Coast, do you mean the beaches of the Carolina Outerbanks and other coastal beach areas ? 

Most of us in the SE ride in the mountains.  We have several public and private OHV trail systems: including Tellico, Uwharrie, Beasley Knob, Anderson Creek, Ocala, Royal Blue/Sundquist, Coal Creek, Hot Springs, Brimstone, Flat Nasty, Gulches, RiverRock, Grey Rock, Morris Mountain, Callalante, and dozens of others.

We have the same issues as everyone else. 

Private land is being sold for development and public trails are closing or in danger due to the lack of resources within the National Forest system.  We have a lot of responsible hard working members and volunteers.  Unfortunately, we also have our fair share of idiots.  Wink

http://www.sfwda.org/

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you talk to them.
Todd Ockert
ghost

« Reply #2 on: June 14, 2007, 05:01:51 pm »

Dave

I am working on compiling a list of OHV areas, and this will include national forests, BLM property, National Parks, and private areas.

Also with this, if you have a web site that you visit, like your state associations site, or other sites, where you get information about the access/use issues that we all need to be aware of.  We all can help other areas that need help with letter writting, and just getting info out.  The more informed we all are, the better we are at keeping areas open. 

I will work on finding a way to post my database for all users to look at once I have it well underway.  I can do some web stuff, but have never linked a database into a web site.  I would also want it secured to only allow those that wheel, or need access, have access.  The other side does not need to know what we are working on.

That is why I have signed up for some of the newsletters that the anti-access groups send out.  It keeps me informed of what they are trying to do. 

Thanks

Todd

UFWDA Member #14102
Member of Cal4Wheel, Hanford Trail Busters, Rubicon 4WDA
www.accessarmy.com
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
UFWDA Community Forum  |  Regional Focus - News and Local Events  |  Southeast  |  Topic: Land use/access sites « previous next »
Jump to: